Characteristics of Lemon Honey
This honey has a very light color, crystallizes spontaneously, has the characteristic smell of the lemon flowers of which it is composed and its flavor is very intense and decisive. The lemon present in this honey has numerous benefits for the body, as it contains citric acid, calcium, magnesium, bioflavonoids, pectin, limonene and a large percentage of vitamin C.
In fact, it is no coincidence that many recommend drinking a glass of hot lemon water every morning, as lemon helps promote digestion and purify the body of toxins. In addition, the presence of pectin helps to control the stimulus of hunger, making lemons the perfect ally in alkalizing diets. However, the essential and characterizing element of lemons is vitamin C. The latter in particular performs important biological functions that help our body, including:
- has an immunostimulating effect in the prevention of flu symptoms and cold symptoms;
- has an antioxidant effect and, together with vitamin E, protects against free radical damage by preventing skin aging;
- stimulates collagen production, helps keep connective tissues healthy and contributes to their repair process;
- facilitates the synthesis of some neurotransmitters, such as noradrenaline and serotonin, and of some hormones, such as oxytocin and steroid hormones;
- it facilitates the absorption of iron, therefore it is particularly useful in case of anemia;
- aids in the synthesis of hemoglobin and the production of red blood cells;
- lowers cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of blockage of the arteries by preventing heart disease and reducing the occurrence of a heart attack;
- reduces the toxicity of some minerals, heavy metals and some substances present in food preservatives.
Therefore, from the regular intake of lemon honey you will benefit from the beneficial effects derived from both the energy provided by honey and vitamin C.
You use lemon honey in the kitchen
Honey with lemon is excellent to be used as a natural sweetener in tea, herbal teas or milk, although it is preferable to add it when the temperature of the drink is not high as the honey would lose its beneficial properties.
This honey is perfect to be consumed for breakfast by spreading it on toast or bread to start the day with the right energy charge. Lemon honey can also be used in the preparation of aperitifs and in the tasting of cheeses, such as those with soft paste or Parmesan. Furthermore, lemon honey is particularly suitable for the preparation of desserts, such as honey and black cherry cakes, or biscuits, for example to give a particular taste to the ugly but good.
It is possible to combine this type of honey with soft cheeses, or accompany it with a hot drink such as herbal tea, tea or milk.
This honey is perfect to be consumed for breakfast and to be able to better savor its intense flavor, excellent on rusks. With its properties it gives the body the right charge and energy to face the day.
Lemon honey is excellent to accompany cheeses such as ricotta or parmesan.
Properties of Lemon Honey
TheLemon Honeyit has a light color, has the unique smell of lemon flowers and its characteristic is a very strong and citrus flavor. Thanks to the presence of lemon, this type of honey is recommended to have benefits also in our body.
Thelemon honeyit is one of the great delicacies of Italian beekeeping and of the Mediterranean countries. Strongly associated with lemon and its fragrant flowers (Zagara), this variety of honey has numerous nutritional and therapeutic qualities; it is no coincidence that it has been used since ancient times as a remedy to combat various ailments. Sicily and Campania are two regions where abundant quantities of lemons grow, so it shouldn't surprise us that our country is one of the largest producers of lemon honey. In addition to its exceptional flavor, this honey has unique properties.
Below, therefore, we will explore the properties and benefits of this variety of honey.
TheLemon Honeyis a source of minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants, this food mainly offers large contributions of potassium, fructose, glucose, phosphorus, calcium, copper, zinc and sodium. As a result, numerous qualities are attributed to it: sedative, digestive, antiseptic, calming, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and healing.
It is also an excellent natural energizer, and is rich in vitamin C, therefore, the consumption of this variety of honey is recommended for everyone.